Birding Peace Colombia is committed to the safety of our clients, so we take the following protection measures against COVID-19, required by the Colombian Ministry of Health:
- The country’s international airports have special contagion prevention measures, every process is digitized with QR code readers, airport teams will read the information from their cell phone screen, just as all spaces are designed to have physical distance.
- To enter the Airport, you must have the application «Coronap», where you must include the information of your health status, with symptomatology associated with the virus.
- The transport used throughout the tour will have a capacity of 50%, performing a constant disinfection and equipped with antibacterial gel.
- The national government requires that people should wear face masks in public places.
Every day we will check the temperature of tourists.
In the field the guide will occasionally apply alcohol 60% to your hands and will notify you where hand washing can be used.
Shared equipment such as monoculars, binoculars and field guides will have prior disinfection each time they are used.
Each hotel, forest reserve and restaurant visited has its own biosecurity protocols, complying equally with national regulations.
Our guides are prepared to do with the protocols and in case you or any team member gets sick, perform the proper procedure.
Here are some measures for you anywhere to consider as prevention measures
Take care yourself when you travel
- Keep 2 meters between you and the other travelers when possible.
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick or has symptoms.
- Limit contact with frequently touched surfaces, such as handrails, elevator buttons, and touch panels. If you must touch these surfaces when you’re done use hand sanitizer or wash your hands.
- Put on your face masks.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth by coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often. This is especially important after using the bath, before eating, and after coughing, sneezing, or ringing your nose.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If you don’t have soap or water, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces with the disinfectant and rub your hands until dry.
Airplanes are safe, they have the most efficient HEPA filter systems on board that filter cabin air from 200 to 500 times per hour. Airplanes have the best air filtration systems, currently they have designed good disinfection protocols that make transportation a safe place.When you are moving by plane to learn about the requirements of state, local and territorial governments, in the case of Colombia does not currently require PCR testing for entry to the country, however the use of face masks is mandatory, it is equally important that you check all the measures provided by the airline to have a safe trip.
Remember, safety is the first thing
If you are not feeling well before the trip, please let us know it is important that you and our team are safe.
Stay home unless you’re getting medical care, give your place to someone you know and want to enjoy the experience.